- There are approximately 4,000 children in the Foster Care system in Sacramento County
- Approximately 5,000 children emancipate (age-out) of the Foster Care system in California each year
- Studies show that of the Foster Youth who emancipate, 46% drop out of high school and more than 25% are homeless within one day after leaving care
- Many Foster Youth suffer multiple losses over the course of their stay in foster care including:
- Sibling separation because they are placed in different homes in different cities
- Have only minutes to pack when removed, leaving behind clothing, toys, memories, photos, school books, and homework
- Loss of their support system such as schools, churches or communities
- Must leave their animals behind
- Friends and teachers being left without a “good bye”
- No where to go on their 18th birthday
2011 Home For Good Conference Announced. Get details here.
How Can I HELP?
Click here to find out more about how you can help serve children who need families.